Sunday, October 28, 2007

Greetings and Salutations

Welcome to my blog. Game 4 of the World Series is tonight. Inexplicably, I find myself pulling for the Rockies. Perhaps it’s because no one takes them seriously? It would be nice if they could win at least one game, but I fear that they will be swept. Boston (finally) won in 2004, so I don’t have to root for them this year. The season will soon be over, and I will have to endure months without the comfort of Major League Baseball. Sigh …

This year, I’ve been doing a lot of hand-sewing -- embroidery, felt, etc. Be warned: I am neither an artist nor a graphic designer nor a skilled craftswoman. I couldn’t draw, cut, or sew a straight line to save my life. I just enjoy making things, and most of the time I am happy with the results. I get many ideas from crafty bloggers, and I am so grateful to all of you for inspiration and for your willingness to share your ideas and creations.

Here are some felt toys that I made recently – two Bears in Waistcoats from Toys to Sew by Claire Garland, and a (lopsided) panda bear mascot from The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo.











Yesterday, we were birding at the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area, and I took several photos of this raccoon before a truck drove by and scared it away (note the splash in the second photo).

No comments: