- One 9 oz. package Morning Star Farms vegetarian Italian Sausage
- About 2/3 of a 13.25 oz. box of whole wheat rotini (I used Ronzoni's Healthy Harvest whole wheat blend pasta)
- A large bunch of kale, washed and cut into pieces (remember to leave out the center stalks -- I used the fold and slice method that Not Martha illustrates here)
- Olive oil
- Garlic, parsley, and basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Defrost the veggie sausage in the microwave and slice it into small disks. Saute it in olive oil with the garlic, parsley, and basil.
When the water boils, add the pasta and set your timer for 11 minutes. When the timer goes off, dump the kale into the pot with the pasta and boil for two more minutes. Drain the pasta and kale.
Toss the pasta and kale with the veggie sausage. Salt to taste.
Serve topped with freshly ground black pepper and a little grated Parmesan cheese. The recipe calls for kidney beans, but I am not a big fan of their texture, so I left them out.
It was delicious!!
Ta ta for now,