Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy February 21st!

  • Happy Birthday, E!!!
  • Many years ago, on February 21st, a certain 19-year old boy that I had been hanging around with for several months called and told me that he liked me very much. I responded that I liked him very much. It's been 17 years, and I still have a tremendous crush on him. To celebrate this anniversary, we went out for crepes after work today. We each had a Mediterranean Crepe with a side of rosemary-garlic potatoes. This is a picture of the Apple Crepe that we split for dessert. Good stuff.
  • I hope that everyone enjoyed the total lunar eclipse last night. We did. We did not see a flash of turquoise, but we kind of saw a lavender hue on the right side of the moon.
  • A friend at work brought in the latest David Austin Roses catalog. I liked it so much, that I ordered my own. It makes for excellent reading and viewing. I adore the photos, descriptions, and the names of the roses! I want The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild -- it looks like a peony, and according to the catalog, "It is very healthy. It has a strong and deliciously fruity rose fragrance, with aspects of raspberry, peach and a hint of mint." Ahhhhhhh. We have native roses in our front yard, and their smell is a little faint, but it is heavenly -- a little spicy like carnation perfume. Once again, ahhhhhhhh ...
  • I enjoy crocheting (mostly granny squares), but no matter how I hold the hook, some part of my ring finger goes numb and stays that way for a long periods of time. In fact, I worry that I've done some nerve damage. Oy vey.
Good night,
Sylvie






No comments: