Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Magic Potion

Carnation from my 2-21-08 bouquet

Potion is finally available as a solid perfume from Lush! I am so stoked! Carnation heaven, here I come! I just ordered some. I am taking a risk because I have very sensitive skin, and there is a strong chance that this will give me a painful rash, but I'm going to hope for the best. The guy on the phone was super nice (Canadian, yah know), and he, like me, had been holding on to his bottle of Potion Lotion for several years and opening it every once and a while to enjoy the scent and wondering if it was still OK to use after three years (their stuff is made with a lot of fresh, natural ingredients, which have shorter shelf lives than other things). I finally discarded my bottle a few months ago. Since I have sensitive skin, it made my hands burn soon after I put it on, so I only used it a couple of times and then all I could do was sniff the bottle occasionally and dream ...

Honeycomb Vase is Made by Bees, via the Craft magazine blog.

Here are a couple of pictures from the total lunar eclipse on Wednesday. In the second photo, you can see a lavender-blue hue on the right side of the moon.

I love these strawberries and raspberries at Primrose Design. She even shares a pattern for the strawberries! I've never done any cross stitching, but this may provide the inspiration.

I'm hoping that this flex neck scrubber will make cleaning the shower easier. I picked it up at Linens 'N Things (what an asinine name for a store) last week.


Several years ago, I picked up some very pretty Gwen Frostic note cards in the gift shop of the most excellent Nature Center at Shaker Lakes (anyone visiting Cleveland should stop there). I used
one of them to cover a candle in a glass container. I really love this drawing.Ta ta for now,
Sylvie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great shots of the eclipse!
Love,
Chris