Sunday, February 3, 2008

Random Thoughts of 2-3-08

It’s Sunday night. I was cooped up in the house for several days, resting and getting over my cold. I did venture out on Saturday to go grocery shopping and to buy a new spoon rest (I know, thrilling, huh?) At Target, I ran across Chocolate Mix Skittles. Sounds like a bad idea to me. Here’s a review from Candy Addict.

Up until now, I haven’t embroidered many practical items. I have a number of pieces that are on vaguely square-shaped pieces of material. If I ever learn to sew, perhaps I’ll make the aforementioned pieces into a quilt. Speaking of quilts, I like this idea from Creative Juice on making a quilt out of old printed T-shirts. I have a bunch of old T-shirts with nature themes that would work well for this project. Anyway, this weekend, I started embroidering a flour sack towel, which is something that is actually useful. I also made a Terry the Terrier (from The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo) felt mascot (it’s not easy stuffing those tiny legs) and a bunch of paper beads.

My husband and I found the new episode of Torchwood a bit disturbing – let’s just say that the characters allowed the ends to justify the means, and the means consisted of torture. Torture is never acceptable.

Well, that’s all for now.

Good night,
Sylvie

No comments: