Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Insert pithy title here

I am, as my best friend says, "charmed by small things." Right now, the leaves of the California grape are tiny, furry, and pale green with pink edges. Later, they will be flame-colored and the size of saucers. I like the reliability of Nature -- I like visiting the same place throughout the year and being greeted by old friends -- the plants, animals, and the constellations as they change with the seasons. If you put yourself out there, and pay attention, you will see your old friends doing new things (well, new to your eyes, anyway).

OK, now for some photos ...

Here are couple of pictures from a recent (4-6-08) walk by the river:

Pipevine Swallowtail
Wild Cucumber

I took these pictures last Friday (4-11-08) at my husband's "office":

Vigilant Black Phoebe guarding

its nest
Very relaxed young squirrel. Look at the size of those feet!

Look, I've found another heart-shaped object in nature -- this time it's a walnut shell.

Good night,
Sylvie

No comments: