Sunday, November 16, 2008

This weekend


I altered these photos of wild grape vines in Picasa (Saturation! Warmification!). They really were a rainbow of colors, but I, um, brightened them a bit :-) I took them near my husband's "office" yesterday, 11-15-08.

We birded the Sacramento County Delta today, 11-16-08. Here are some photos:

Nuttall's Woodpecker

Savannah Sparrow
A "Tufted" Duck swam up to us with his posse.


We saw lots of artichoke thistle (an invasive plant).
This plant is several feet wide and several feet tall.

Good night,
Sylvie



4 comments:

Felt-o-rama said...

Gorgeous bird photos. The tufted duck is hilarious. I've never seen anything quite like it!
By the way, thanks for mentioning my store in a previous blog post. Very sweet of you!

Margaret Nelson said...

The tufted duck's trendy hairstyle made me smile. My gynaecologist used to have hair like that!

Sylvie said...

Aphra, if my doctor looked like that, I'd fall off of the exam table laughing!

Sylvie said...

Thanks, Felt-O-Rama. And, thanks for carrying the recycled-content felt. I'm going to buy some soon -- I can't wait to use it to make gifts for friends.