Monday, January 7, 2008

Crafts, etc.


A friend at work gave me this cute pasta. We enjoyed it. To quote my husband as he ate, “This is good.” We love all animals, including cats. By the way, please keep your cats inside. They kill a great deal of wildlife.

Here are some bookmarks that I made recently as presents:

Front:

Back:
Check out the cool bamboo button on the cat bookmark: The dog applique is Terry the Terrier from The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo.


Here is a tiny cat that I embroidered and framed and gave to friend at work who has an orange cat. The circle of fabric is about 2 and ¼ inches in diameter.
Both cats are from a pattern in Simple Embroidery (part of the most excellent Klutz series).

The bamboo button came from a big box of assorted buttons that I bought at the crafts store. Am I strange because I enjoyed sorting all of those buttons by color into ice cube trays? Who cares? I am not a neat, orderly person at all, but sorting the buttons was soothing. Perhaps I'll dump them in a bag and sort them again :-) Not tonight, though. It's time for bed.

Good night,
Sylvie

No comments: