Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Day

I’ve got tons to share, but I will just cover New Year’s for now – my back has been hurting 24/7 for the past few weeks, and sitting is not fun.

On New Year’s, we usually go birding. Yesterday, we hiked about five miles in the northern portion of the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area.

The Rufous-crowned Sparrows were very cooperative.



The Rock Wrens were numerous.

There were lots of cool fungi. My husband said that I have “the makings of a mycologist.” Mushrooms are so charming.



We watched a Merlin groom itself (my photos of it are quite bad, so I won't share those).

In other news …the Rio Cosumnes Christmas Bird Count (CBC) is tomorrow – the last CBC that we will participate in during this count period (December 14, 2007 – January 5, 2008).

Good night,
Sylvie

No comments: