Monday, March 31, 2008

Pre-dawn ramblings

I have the day off of work; I've had my bagel; and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and the insistent call of a California Towhee. It starts in the dark long before dawn, and it's the same note over and over again. I love it -- so adamant. What can I say? I'm a morning person.

I'm totally stoked about my plans for today -- my friend used to be a volunteer gardener at the City Cemetery, and today, she's going to give me a tour of the cemetery's historic rose garden.

I recently purchased Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray. I really like it, and I might try to incorporate some things from it into in my current embroidery project -- a seahorse.

As I've been typing, the rest of the dawn chorus has started, and includes a Black Phoebe.

Ta ta for now,
Sylvie

No comments: