Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Random Thoughts of 3-25-08

Here are some Horned Lizard figurines that I purchased from the folks at Desert USA. Cute, yes? Pretty accurate depictions of really cool creatures, yes? On a birding trip to Arizona, I bought some Horned Lizard earrings at the Southwest Research Station, but they were so heavy that they hurt my ears, so I'll have to make them into something else -- a couple of necklaces, perhaps.

Another embroidered Lyrebird

I like this quote featured on the Digital Nature Yahoo Group:
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own." - Andy Warhol

I remember listening to an Edward Abbey book-on-tape, with Cactus Ed himself as the narrator. He described javelinas “munching on jojoba nuts” in his deep, slightly goofy voice. Ever since then, every time I hear the word “jojoba,” I think of javelinas and smile. Such charismatic beasts! Speaking of Abbey, this site features an Edward Abbey quote database.

Some neat animals: Bella Dia's Quaker Parrot named Pina looks so neat! Here she is before a bath, and here she is after a bath. After her bath, she looks like a kakapo that has been sprinkled in gold dust. Bella Dia's Jendaya Conure, Poppy, "sleeps in her little fleece hut on her back."

Good night,
Sylvie

No comments: