Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

  • I enabled the reader comment function on my blog a while back, but I forgot to mention it here.
  • I really like this embroidered “Lizard in the sun - Glasses Case.” Double-click on the photo (or click the “zoom” button in the lower right corner) to enlarge. Nice detail.
  • The neighbor’s cat (photo) was in our driveway on Sunday. I haven’t seen him in months, because he stays inside in the winter. I don’t approve of letting cats outdoors because they kill so much wildlife, but I was so glad to see him. He is such a funny little old thing – he’s like an elderly stoner. I am also worried that he’ll get hit by a car.
  • Glow jar using glow-in-the-dark-stars (see the last photo). I made one of these, and I keep it on my nightstand under the lamp.
  • My friend told me about DISH: The Shop on Riverside that sells vintage dinnerware and kitchen appliances. I’ve got to visit this store, which is described as “part museum and part retail space.” I don’t want to buy anything; I’m just going for the museum aspect – check out their wall of teapots in this article. I doubt that this store will be around long, so I’d better go soon. Speaking of which, my beloved The Real Pie Company closed a few weeks ago, because business was too good. There was great sadness at my office that day -- our Thursday Pie Posse may never ride again.
Good night,
Sylvie

No comments: